Pain Management & Treatments
Interventional pain management focuses on actively treating illnesses, conditions or injuries that cause pain and limit function. One of the unique advantages of interventional pain management is that it involves the full spectrum of care – everything from initial diagnosis to personalized treatment and ongoing pain relief programs – all aimed at helping patients avoid surgery and reducing their reliance on drugs while improving their quality of life.
The pain specialists at Commerce Pain Management provide a comprehensive spectrum of interventional pain management services and treatments, including diagnostic testing, medication management, injection procedures, massage therapy, and chiropractic care.
Helps determine or localize the core cause of pain. The following are some of the tests done to diagnose the pain.
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
Provides pain control and improves a patient’s quality of life. Medication may be used alone or in conjunction with non-invasive treatments.
- Pain medicines: Narcotic pain medicines are often used to treat acute pain or cancer pain. They are prescribed for chronic pain also in conjunction with other modalities of treatment or after other modalities have failed.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) such as aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen sodium are the most commonly used medications of this type. They not only reduce swelling and irritation but also can relieve pain. Prescription NSAIDs are also available.
- Anti-depressants: Originally used only to treat depression, studies have shown that these medications can alleviate pain in certain situations. Furthermore, they may have the added benefit of helping the patient to sleep at night.
- Anti-seizure medications: These medications may help relieve certain types of pain by reducing abnormal electrical discharges in damaged nerves.
- Other medications: You may be prescribed other types of medicine(s) that are more specific to the type of pain you are experiencing.
Help alleviate chronic and acute pain in the spine and joints. Injections may be used alone or in addition to medication management in the treatment of pain. We offer these procedures at our onsite ambulatory surgical suite.
- Epidural steroid injections for the neck/cervical spine
- Epidural steroid injections for the upper back/thoracic spine
- Epidural steroid injections for the low back/lumbar spine
- Facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Sympathetic nerve blocks
- Transforaminal nerve blocks
- Trigger point injections
- Spinal cord stimulators and peripheral nerve stimulators
Can be an effective treatment for chronic pain. It can help improve circulation, relieve pain and stiffness and improve flexibility, range of motion, and tissue elasticity. To avoid injury, it is important to receive treatment from a trained massage therapist with experience treating neck and back pain. At Commerce Pain Management, our licensed massage therapist will individualize your massage therapy to optimize treatment of your chronic pain.
Can help detect the cause of your pain and release pressure on the affected nerve(s) to eliminate the pain and restore joint function. For your convenience, we also have a chiropractor onsite.
Commerce Pain Management has all the pain management services you need under one roof. To see one of our pain specialists, call our office in Commerce, Georgia today at (706) 423-9449 or use our interactive form to request an appointment online.